I’m back home in Austria for the holidays. And immediately upon arriving at the airport in Vienna I started enjoying some of the small things that make home feel like home. Just to mention a few:
- Perfumed, colorful, not easily tearable toilet paper.
- Tap water you can actually drink and it doesn’t taste like shit.
- Lovely bakeries with good bread and a much greater variety than you could find in the US.
- The best sausages in the world!
- A chocolate and candy section in the super market that’s at least three times the size as in Vons, Walmart, etc…again with a much greater variety.
- Snow on Christmas.
Of course, there are also some downsides. I already miss the San Diego weather. As much as I enjoy a white Xmas, I just hate the coooold.